Your love of castles began at an early age. And while you are sometimes embarrassed to admit that you first fell in love with a castle at a popular family vacation spot, you have since upgraded your tastes to include the oldest and grandest of castles that you enjoy visiting around the world. Every trip, it seems, is a little more extravagant and expensive. The memories, however, are priceless and worth the investment.
Ireland is a pretty awesome place to visit, and if you are going to take some castle vacations you are setting yourself up for some SIMPLY MAGICAL moments:
- Sight seeing is a part of nearly all vacations, so it should come as no surprise that castle vacations are high on the list of people traveling to Ireland.
- Ireland is 32,595 square miles and has has more 3,000 miles of coastline, many of which feature centuries old castles.
- Median age in Ireland is 34 years, so it is a place that has many people working in the tourist industry.
- People often ask how many medieval Irish Castles are in the country? The best answer, however, seems to be too many to count. Apparently, more than 30,000 castles and castle ruins are scattered all over the Irish landscape.
- Looking at the entire European continent, Ireland is the third biggest island.
- Yearly census reports from 2013 indicate that Ireland’s population ranked 119th in the world, so it is a country that can benefit from the money brought in from tourism.
- Millions of overseas trips were made by non-residents to Ireland. Compared to the 9.6 million in 2016, there were 8.6 million trips in 2015. This represents an increase of 10.9% in a single year.
- As of 2011, there were 4,588,252 people living in Ireland and there are many places that all of these people will want to share with many visitors.
- Going to visit any European country can be an eye opening experience, but there are many people who travel to Ireland just so they can see the historic castles.
- Ireland’s gross domestic product (GDP) was 45,835.75 in 2012. This makes Ireland ranked 15th in the world.
- Catholicism remains the dominant religion in Ireland at 84%. This means that the country has many cathedrals that also draw many tourists.
- Any all inclusive Ireland tours typically include at least one castle tour.
- Land size in Ireland in somewhat unique. At its widest, for example, the island is about 174 miles, the same as 280 kilometers. At its longest point from north to south it is 302 miles, the equivalent of 486 kilometer.
Castle vacations are a popular option for many people who make the decision to tour in Ireland. Whether you first fell in love with castles when you were young and visiting the most popular theme parks in America or you are a recent castle enthusiast, there are few places in the world that will compare with the historical versions that you can see when you visit the island of Ireland.