The family fishing trip was a God send. After three weeks at work, you simply needed some time to process. Fired employees, lost earnings, difficult transitions. You have been through these challenges before, but this time you are simply out of energy and out of patience. For this reason, when your wife first suggested the family fishing trip, you did not imagine how you could ever take the time off. When your wife convinced you, though, that your job was never going to get better without a break, you finally gave in. The family fishing trip with your brothers was already organized and you did not even have to worry about a single detail. In fact, other than paying your share you had no responsibilities, but plenty of opportunities.
Family camping trips, fishing trips, and other outdoor adventures allow many people an opportunity to reconnect with with those people who mean the most. Whether it is a family fishing trip for a grown set of brothers or a hiking trip with your college age children, it is important to know that making time to spend with those that have known you the longest can help you be a happier person.
The Great Outdoors Is a Great Way to Stay Connected
In a time when digital technology has infiltrated every part of our lives, it can be a challenge to disconnect. For this reason, there is a growing trend to reconnect to nature. At the same time, many family members, friends, and coworkers are also finding that they can weather the most challenging of social and work situations if they take a break from screens and spend time in the great outdoors.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that CAMPING AND FISHING can help your family connect, as well as how it affects the economy:
- Children need to feel a connection with the adults in their lives.
- A well-cared for boat can last for decades.
- Many ocean-going cargo ships, in comparison, have a lifespan of 20 to 30 years.
- Particulately well built sailboats made from fiberglass can last up to 40 years.
- In comparison, a steel-hulled yacht can last for up to a century.
- Nearly four out of five domestic trips, which is 79%, are for leisure purposes.
- Getting out in the great outdoors is a goal for many families.
- As many as 53% of employed U.S. adults come back feeling refreshed after a vacation.
- Not everyone wants to be stuck inside, so it should come as no surprise that Hiking is the most popular activity among 92% of campers.
- Dads and sons and daughters often enjoy time in the great outdoors.
- Fishing is just one of the reasons that over 87 million U.S. adults participate in recreational boating, using a boat for activities such as fishing and water skiing, as well as travel.
- Instead of letting your children and teenagers spend every weekend playing video games or scrolling social media pages, it might be time to encourage them to join you on an upcoming hiking, fishing, or caping trip.
- Statistics show that 96% of American workers say vacation time is important to them.
- Hiding away in a room glued to a screen is no way to live a life, so it only makes sense that many parents are trying to get their children to enjoy hiking, camping, and fishing.
- In as many as 70% of people who enjoy camping , public campgrounds are the most common location where these experiences happen.
- Nearly 43% of campers indicate that they plan their trips at least one month in advance.
- Given that 37% of families indicate that vacations make them happy, it also true that the activity of camping makes families the most happy.
Whether you are in need of a break from a rough month at work or you are searching for a way to reconnect with your friends and family, camping, hiking, and fishing are great options. The fact that all of these activities take place in the great outdoors means that they have the added benefit of separating people from their screens. A problem that many people of all age face. Are you ready to get away and escape to the great outdoors? Finding the right location can help create the best memories.